Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pentecost 16c - 1 Timothy 1:12-17


1 Timothy 1:12-17
1 Timothy 1:12 was the theme verse for our mission trip to San Gabriel Lutheran Church in Alvarado where we built a fellowship hall, finished the sanctuary and put on a day camp for the children of the community. On the night before the trip I still hadn’t written the theme song when Lisa (love of my life) gave me the idea to rewrite the lyrics of a catchy tune by Train. The verses work well but I didn't include the bridge and my chorus is a little different than Train’s because I had to add soul brothers who made up the bulk of the building team. But to be fair to our soul sisters they certainly had muscles to make day camp so while our soul brothers in building had love to show. So here it is and if you know the song, feel free to try and sing the blog.


Considered Faithful (1 Timothy 1:12)
Lyrics by Phil Heinze (6/18/2010) Music Soul Sister by Train

Hey-ay, Hey-ay, AY ay ay Hey-ay, AY ay ay
I thank my Lord, who has given me the strength to serve
Considered to be faithful, appointed to God’s service in the Word.
You call to me and you make the dreams I dream in you come true
When earth and heaven collide you’re the one who’s on our side /
to make things new.

     Hey soul sister ain’t you got the love to show
     You know you do so make it so in all you do and say you know
     Hey soul brother ain’t you got the muscle to make it so
     You know you do so give it all you got to give today

Hey-ay, Hey-ay, AY ay ay Hey-ay, AY ay ay
In God’s time I’m so glad the Spirit caught my mind
Your love gave me direction, put my faith in action I can’t deny
I’m convinced that God’s love can make a difference
When heart and hand together are joined for sake of service
in God’s name.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Phil, but I was expecting to HEAR you sing!! :)) Next time, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, does your mind ever sleep? I agree with Susie. You need to get a praise team together and make your own video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to figure out how I can post a video recording of the song and no my mind doesn't sleep but my body gets plenty exhausted because of it!

    ReplyDelete