Friday, February 3, 2012

Epiphany 5b - Conclusion

-Seraphina-
I never intended this week’s lectionary to be about me but in some ways there was no escaping it. (Hopefully there’s a word for you in the word to me) The Isaiah text is one of my favorites even if my “eagle wings” are sometimes lacking in lift which is why all my hope depends on the Lord. The psalm might not be one committed to my memory but I pray my life is pleasant praise for the Lord, even if I really do delight in the strength of my horse, Seraphina. Despite what Paul believes I am diminished by trying to be all things to all people but by being true to myself and the Christ within me I can be more than I am. And like Jesus departing to a deserted place getting away makes it possible for those called to draw near to continue to do so, which means we (and by we I mean I) need to do it more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment